Yellow Brick Road Auctions
Terms & Conditions
Each Newly Registered Bidder will be verified by the owner of Yellow Brick Road Auctions before your account will get activated. It is important to take this into consideration and allow enough time before any auction is set to close.
- The Terms & Conditions are hereby made known and are listed below in order to allow all interested bidders to be made fully aware of the conditions associated with placing a bid on auctions associated with Yellow Brick Road Auctions, LLC. By participating in an online auction you signify your consent to these Terms & Conditions.
- By using this website, You agree to and are bound by these Terms & Conditions and this constitutes a binding legal agreement between Yellow Brick Road Auctions, LLC and you will be referred to hereinafter as “the bidder”.
- You may not use the website for any unauthorized or illegal purpose. All photographs, descriptions, and material included on this website are in no way to be copied, reproduced, or used without prior written authorization from the owner of Yellow Brick Road Auctions, LLC.
- Yellow Brick Road Auctions has the right to modify these Terms & Conditions at any time. This is notice that every bidder is responsible for periodically checking the Terms & Conditions in order to stay informed of any modifications and/or addendum
- All persons who participate in Yellow Brick Road Auctions must become a Registered Bidder and create a user profile. This can be accomplished by hitting the Register Link made available on the Home Page of the Online Auction Website and providing all information requested.
- All bidders will be responsible for providing a valid name and current contact information to include address, phone number and valid Credit Card. All information must be accurate and each bidder is responsible for updating their information on a continuous, as needed, basis.
- All Bidders are responsible for maintaining the security of their profile to include your user name and password. Yellow Brick Road Auctions cannot be held accountable for any purchases caused by unauthorized use of your profile.
- All bidders are confirming upon registration that you are the “age of majority” according to the Ohio Revised Code which is 18 years of age or older and have the full legal capacity to complete such contractual action.
Descriptions of Lots available for Sale
- Yellow Brick Road Auctions LLC does everything possible to provide correct and accurate descriptions. It is very important that each bidder, prior to placing a bid, has read all of the information provided in its entirety to include each auction's requirements as in the start date, end date, and required pickup date for each auction listing. In addition, the bidder is responsible for reading and taking into account the description, viewing all photographs, the condition and the measurements provided for each lot that is made available. The photographs provided are also part of the description. There will be times an issue is shown in a photograph but not written out in the description. Each lot is sold without warranty implied or expressed unless otherwise noted in the lot description.
- Sizes and weights are approximate.
- There are instances where an item may not be able to be tested at the time photographs are taken. In this instance, the phrase “untested” will be listed in the description. Often times an item for sale may be able to be plugged in to confirm it does power on. But this does not mean or is meant to guarantee that it has been fully tested or it's use has been confirmed as being fully functional. All items included those that are listed as “untested” or “powers on” are sold as-is without warranty expressed or implied.
- It is extremely important that any interested bidder is responsible for not only viewing all photographs included in the listing but in addition, read the description provided in it's entirety. If at any time an item is found to have the need for a modification, adjustment or change made to the original description, the Auction Manager will notify each bidder who has placed a bid prior to the new description being modified in order to not only make them aware of the change but also allow that bidder the opportunity to remove their previous bid.
- If at any time an interested bidder would like to view an item in person prior to placing a bid, you may contact the Auction Manager directly no later than the date listed on the first page of each auction. The Auction Manager's name and phone number is listed on each auction. A mutually agreed upon time will be made available to the best of both the bidder, the estate owner and the Auction Manager's availability.
- Yellow Brick Auctions have the right to remove any lots from an auction at any time when deemed necessary. If at anytime a lot must be removed from an active listing, all current bids placed by bidders before the item is removed from the auction have the opportunity to call the Auction Manager to receive an explanation as to why the item was removed.
- Bid increments determine the minimum bid amount a user may enter on a listed item when placing a bid. A bidder must enter an amount equal to or greater than the current price of the highest bid placed at the time. All bids start at either a $5.00 or $10.00 starting price. (Unless a Reserve is placed on a particular item. The Reserve Price is always listed in the description).
Bid Increments are as follows:
Price Level Bid Increment
$100.00 - $500.00 $10.00
$1000.00 - $5000.00 $50.00
$5000.00 - $10000.00 $100.00
Buyer's Responsibility & Use of this Website
- It is up to each Winning Bidder to inspect their winning item(s) at each pickup location in order to confirm the item(s) is as described correctly according to the original auction listing. This must be done during the time of pickup and before the item(s) is placed into a vehicle. At no time will a refund be made available once an item(s) has been placed in a vehicle or brought to another location. It is also the responsibility of any person who is picking up an item(s) on the winning bidder's behalf to inspect all items at the pick up and prior to the item(s) being placed into a vehicle or has left the estate.
- It is the Bidder's responsibility to read the front page of each auction listing in order to note and confirm the required pickup date for each auction listing. Every auction listing provides prospective buyers with the date the auction will start, the date the auction will start to end and the Required Pick Up. Date and time frame when a pick-up is to take place. There are no guarantees that once a bidder has placed a bid on any item in an auction listing that other arrangements can or will be made.
- At any time a bidder places a winning bid on any item(s) and fails to pick up the item from a customer's estate on the Required Pickup Date during the pickup time, the item(s) will be considered abandoned without refund. A disposal fee may be accrued.
- A bid is a legally binding contract. Bidders are responsible for honoring their purchases with payment in full.
- If at anytime, an invoice has not been paid by the morning of the pick up, the winning bidder's credit card on file will be processed.
- If this invoice cannot get processed due to any reason, the winning bidder will receive an email immediately to notify them that the invoice must be paid no later than 11 AM the day of the required pick up. If the invoice is not paid by that time, YBRA, LLC has the right to offer the item for sale to the next bidder down. This is done in order to prevent YBRA, LLC's client missing the opportunity for the sale. The winning bidder who did not make the payment on time, will have their bidding privileges removed immediately. In addition, all other auction companies that have an alliance with YBRA, LLC will be notified.
Merchandise Pick Up
- Pick up location and time will be posted on the first page of each auction listing and on the winning bidder's invoice. Therefore, allowing every bidder to be aware of the required pick-up date, time and city the pickup will take place prior to placing a bid. If you cannot make the pickup, please do not bid. In addition, please be aware there will be times where limited parking is available.
- To obtain a shipping quote, please call the UPS Store at 440-546-1141. The owner and employees of this store work with Yellow Brick Auctions to provide those bidders who are in need of shipping services with the best possible price to take care of their needs. It is best to provide a photograph of any items you are requesting a quote for when you call the UPS store. If you are the winning bidder, it is your responsibility to make all arrangements and to pay UPS directly for shipping charges. Yellow Brick Auctions does not provide shipping. All auctions take place at a customer's home and when shipping is requested, a transfer fee will be added in order for the item(s) to be brought to the UPS store A bidder must call the Auction Manager directly no later than 24 hours before an auction is set to close in order for this fee to be calculated.
- All Sales are final. You are not entitled to any refund for any item(s)you purchased.
- A Buyer's Premium is an additional charge placed on a winning bidder's total charges for remuneration. Yellow Brick Road Auctions' Bidder's Premium is 15% and will be added to your invoice after an auction has closed.
- All auctions conducted from a customer's home do not include sales tax. If any future auctions do require a sales tax to be added to any invoice, the tax-exempt bidder is responsible for providing Yellow Brick Road Auctions with a copy of your Tax-Exempt Status prior to placing any and all bids by contacting the Auction Manager directly.
Malfunction of Service & Software
- In any circumstance involving unpredictable events that may occur with the internet or software that causes an interruption in service, Yellow Brick Road Auctions shall not be held responsible. Auctions are conducted electronically and rely on hardware and software that may malfunction. Yellow Brick
Road Auctions may be required to re-post an auction, void a sale or temporarily remove an active listing affected by any malfunction. All bidders are more than welcome to contact the Auction Mgr. when such an occurrence may take place for a full explanation. All means necessary will be made in order to prevent such malfunction within Yellow Brick Road Auctions control. Yellow Brick Road Auctions do not guarantee software and hardware malfunctions from occurring.
- You agree to exclude Yellow Brick Road Auctions, its affiliates, or clients for any and all legal liability incurred or due to hurt, loss, accidents, theft, incidents or damage related to any and all interaction with Yellow Brick Road Auctions. Yellow Brick Road Auctions shall not be liable for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the use, modifications, or handling by you or any other person following possession of the purchased item(s).
Termination of Access
- Yellow Brick Road Auctions have the right to temporarily and/or permanently remove a bidder's access and bidding privileges for any reason at any time. If it is determined at any time that you have breached this contract, Yellow Brick Road Auctions may cancel all current bids placed on on any active listings, withhold any item(s) not picked up but paid for at the time of termination